A look at the top performances of the week featuring draft-eligible players
– London forward Bo Horvat scored 2 goals & 3 assists as the Knights extended their win streak to 21 games. Horvat played in his 100th OHL game on Sunday is currently on a 9-game point streak (7 goals, 6 assists).
– Erie Otters forward Stephen Harper scored 2 goals & 2 assists in 3 games, while his teammate, Dane Fox, recorded 2 goals & 1 assist.
– Oshawa forward Cole Cassels netted 2 goals and added 1 assist in 3 games.
– Colts goaltender Alex Fotinos won his third consecutive game after making 36 saves in Barrie’s 4-1 victory over the Peterborough Petes. Fotinos is 5-1 in his last 6 games with a 1.95 GAA & .935 SV%.
– Forwards Anthony Mantha (Val-d’Or) and Valentin Zykov (Baie-Comeau) each netted 3 goals and added 2 assists in 3 games. Mantha is tied for 5th in league scoring with 50 points. Zykov has 6 game-winning goals this season, tied for 1st in the QMJHL.
– Quebec forward Adam Erne and Dominik Rehak (Victoriaville) each scored 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games.
– Frederik Gauthier (Rimouski), Anthony Duclair (Quebec) and Emile Poirier (Gatineau) each scored 1 goal and 2 assists during the past week.
– Rimouski goaltender Philippe Desrosiers went 3-0 with a 3.00 GAA and .919 save percentage, while Domenic Graham (Drummondville) made 35 saves in a 3-2 win over Baie-Comeau.
– Halifax Mooseheads backstop Zach Fucale picked up his league-leading 21st win of the season after a 3-2 win over PEI.
– Portland Winterhawks forward Nicolas Petan scored 2 goals & 3 assists in 3 games and currently sits in 2nd in WHL scoring with 58 points.
– Defenceman Cody Corbett (Edmonton) scored 1 goal & 3 assists in 3 games.
– Matthew Needham (Kamloops) and Chance Braid (Prince Albert) each recorded 1 goal & 2 assists in three games.
– Brendan Burke (Portland) picked up his 10th win of the season following a 4-2 win over Everett.
– Edmonton Oil Kings goaltender Tristan Jarry picked up two wins during the past week extending his unbeaten streak to six games. He beat both Kamloops and Victoria by 5-2 scores while stopping 61 of 65 shots. Jarry leads the WHL in goals against average (1.68).
– Saskatoon Blades netminder Alex Moodie went 4-0 last week with a 3.00 GAA & .926 save percentage. Moodie is the team’s regular backup but with Andrey Makarov playing for Russia at the World Juniors, he is getting more playing time.
– Erie Comrie (Tri-City) stopped 65 of the 67 shots he faced while giving up only two goals. He picked up a win vs. Everett and suffered a shootout loss to Spokane.
– Dubuque Fighting Saints centre Peter Quenneville had a big offensive weekend by recording 4 goals & 4 assists in 2 games. He currently sits in 4th place among league scorers with 32 points. His teammate John Stevens scored 2 goals & 1 assist, while Fighting Saints defenceman Michael Downing assisted on 2 goals.
– Forwards Brendan Harms (Fargo) & Vinni Lettieri (Lincoln) each scored 2 goals and 1 assist in three games.
– Waterloo Black Hawks forward Taylor Cammarata assisted on three goals and he continues to lead the USHL in scoring with 38 points. Trevor Moore (Tri-City) also contributed 3 assists in 2 games.